Tuesday 5 January 2010

First of many

I was going to say that this year I resolve to blog a bit more but let's be perfectly honest it would be hard to blog any less than I have over recent months. So moving on...


It's just been a beautiful winter wonderland round here for the last two weeks. I know it can be a real pain for folks getting out and about, but, I do like my seasons to be what they are supposed to be. We've had some gorgeous walks and have taken lots of pictures, all in a similar vein to the one above.

Any crafting over the holidays was functional really. Using last year's cards I made this year's thank you cards.


I made a few cabled neckwarmers for quick gifts.


I made this pretty shawlette just for me - Cedar Leaf Shawl by Alana Dakos. It's so handy to either throw round your shoulders, wrap several times at your neck or to wear as a scarf. Alana is also a lovely friend and writes very straightforward patterns, especially if you have little girls to knit for.

Back to work tomorrow for me, but, at least we've had a lovely relaxing yet productive break!